SMITA SINGHAL, Founder and Director of Absolute Water Pvt. Ltd. Innovator for India’s first-ever 100% green and organic water recovery system from sewage, converting it into potable drinking water without the use of chemicals and RO systems.
Her efforts towards better wastewater management and its recycling have lent her to being awarded the Best Green Entrepreneur by Entrepreneurship India, 2020 and the Aqua Foundation, one of the country’s top Water Industry awards for Best technological Innovation.
With 18 plants and more in the running, under her belt, she has managed to treat 8 million litres of sewage, where over a population of over 6-8 lakh people currently have access to safe and clean water for multiple usages. She has been able to encourage and employ women as a strong workforce that is otherwise dominated by men, in spaces of engineering design, process, proposal, project management and finance.
With 20 years of work experience including her stint in advertising for 10 years for McCann Erickson. She is also a certified pastry chef from Le Cordon Bleu, the premiere pastry school in Paris, France and a proud mother of two.
- Best Green Entrepreneur by Entrepreneurship India, 2020
- Best Technological Innovation, Aqua Foundation, one of the country’s top Water Industry
- Chosen as one of the top 100 globally, socially and environmentally sustainable businesses
by the Prince Charles Sustainability Business Initiative, associated with the World Economic
- Chosen as the top 5 changemakers by UNDP (United Nations Development Programme) in
converting a pollutant into a financially and environmental product.
- Discovery Channel featured our company on a show called Planet Healers, where they were
chosen as one of the 8 planet heroes. 2018
- Eco India, season 1, had a ten min video feature on Absolute Water Pvt Ltd featured as an
Eco-warrior for the planet. 2019
- Channel News Asia , India’s Fight against Covid. May 2020
- Better India, Heroes of Modern India, March 30 th , 2021